Sunday, July 3, 2011

Today I became a MOM!!!

A day like today, 27 years ago, my baby was born. He was born two days "late", as per doctor's calculations. After 13 hours in labor, Pedro Guillermo Acevedo-Vargas blessed my husband and me with his presence. Back then, no sonograms were performed, at least not in the Army bases we lived in. So we didn't know whether we were having a boy or a girl. Well, we 'knew". From the beginning, we talked about the baby as a boy. We had even chosen a name long before we were even  married, let alone pregnant. I always "knew" I was having a boy. I had even had a dream about him that I didn't remember until it "came true" about a year later. It was one of those "deja vu" moments, and I realized it was the dream I had had while I was pregnant, and that I didn't remember.

He was a colicky baby. We were first time parents. Not a good combination, but we all survived. He cried, and cried, and cried...and I'm sorry to say I didn't know how to soothe him. 8-( Anyway, after the first three months, he became happy, bubbly, chubby, and oh, so mega cute!! He still is,...cute, not chubby. 8-)

So, for the past 27 years we've had gymnastics, Boy Scouts, music lessons, art lessons, and all sorts of lessons and summer camps, and ...oh, well, you can imagine.

I wouldn't change it for ANYTHING. My boy, my son, my kid. My joy & satisfaction.   

1 comment:

loves2spin said...

How wonderful. There's nothing like it. :)