Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Burning Buddies...
FIRST: Stock up on a bunch of empty little cans, such as sausages, potted meat, canned veggies, etc. Also, get some hurricane candles, regular cheap candles (unscented) and some thin and thick cardboard.
I kept them all under the kitchen sink until I was not able to open the door without having an avalanche of cans and candles attack me. 8-)

yep...Now you know my secrets...

Cut the cardboard in strips as wide as the height of the cans. This is not rocket science. So, you don't need to measure by the centimeter. Notice I didn't ask you to get a ruler... (See the little thingies in my fingernails? They area supposed to change color in the sunlight...8-))
OOPS!!! I forgot to tell you!! While you cut the cardboard, put your candles to melt on a saucepan you don't want to use to cook your family's favorite meal. In other words, you won't be able to use this pan for cooking again.
Now, after you have cut your strips, roll them up to form little rolls of cardboard. No need for tape or anything, just keep rolling them until they fit snuggly inside the can.
Nice and snug, but not too tight. You want to be able to pour wax in.
CAREFULLY pour in the melted wax candle. I use garden gloves because...well you can imagine...8-S
Allow to completely cool (overnight is fine).
TA-DAAAAAA!!!!!!
Your own burner buddies. You can use these on camping trips, on family reunions, to keep the foot hot (as caterers do), etc.
8-D

No comments: