Thursday, May 19, 2011

...Did I tell you about Mothers' Day?...

Well, on the Saturday previous to Mothers' Day, my hubby took me on a "tapas" tour. I think tapas is the Mexican word for appetizer, or something. Anyway, we started on La Boca, in Barceloneta, PR, eating alcapurrias. Only one each, because our trip had just begun. Then we took the beach road to Arecibo, another town in Puerto Rico. Beautiful sights all the way. Once in Arecibo we had pinchos by the lighthouse. Pinchos are the Puertorican version of kabobs. These were made of pork and chicken...yummmmmmmmm. 8-) After that, we had "empanada de ceti". Ceti is a tiny, tiny fish that comes to the shores of Arecibo once a year. When I say tiny, I mean TINY! About the length of a fingernail. Tiny!!! The "empanadilla" was full to explode with these little fishies. mmm nice! After that, we headed home, but first we stopped at the local IHOP, recently opened, and enjoyed chocolate chip and strawberry/banana pancakes...at 2:00 p.m....what an end to a great day! 

On Sunday, he prepared fried sierra with yuca. What a guy! That's why I love him so much! Because he has creative forms of celebrating the most common of holidays.

And that, my friends, is how we celebrated Mothers' Day. How did you celebrate it? Let me know! 

See ya!!
8-)

No comments: